1326 bare metal hackers can't be wrong. Join our public Slack channel for support, gossip, and more!
Packet Privacy Summary
Your Trust is of the Utmost Importance To Us, and We Will Never Betray It
- Your Contact Data and Your Contact Record are Yours
- Your Private Data is Private
- Your Data is Protected
- Your Data is Portable
Packet Host, Inc. (“Packet”) is providing this notice (Updated December 1, 2014) to explain how Packet collects information when you access our mobile applications, API or desktop site; use our products and services; or open and respond to our communications or advertisements.
Our Privacy Statement explains:
What information Packet and its service providers collect and share, and why Packet and its service providers collect and share your information.
- How Packet and its service providers use that information.
- The choices we offer.
How Do We Collect Information?
You give information directly to us or our service providers (any third party that performs business operations on behalf of Packet, such as banking services, authentication services, communications services, marketing, servicing, or ad management). For example, when you first sign up for an account Packet, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Identification Information (e.g., name, address);
- Financial Information (e.g., bank account and routing numbers and credit card account information) that you want to use to make payments; and
- Other information identifying the user (e.g., phone number, email,).
Sometimes we (or our service providers) collect information through cookies (a small data file placed on your hard drive to help us keep records, store your preferences, and improve our advertising) or other web technologies. For example, we may record information:
- About your operating system, browser version, IP address (a number assigned to a device when connecting to the Internet), and/or mobile device; and
- On our applications and sites about the web pages that you view, and information you search for.
We may also collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches for fraud prevention purposes.
How Do We Use Information?
We (or our service providers) use information collected as described in this Statement, sometimes combined with information from other sources, in the following ways:
- For provisioning the services you have ordered and providing you with ongoing support.
- Before permitting use of our services, we may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification services.
- To deliver products and services. For example, to:
- Recognize you when you return to our application(s) or site(s);
- Tell you about updates to products, and services;
- Answer questions and respond to your requests; and
- Make our application(s) and site(s) easier to use.
- To advertise and market our products and services. For example, to:
- Present targeted ads on other sites, as well as in e-mail;
- Analyze the effectiveness of ads; and
- Determine whether you would be interested in new products or services.
- To conduct research and analysis. For example, to:
- Analyze data to prevent fraud and better understand our customers and visitors to our application(s) or site(s); and
- As otherwise required or permitted by law or with your consent.
How Do We Share Information?
We may make certain personal information about you available to service providers that perform work for Packet in order for us to provide services to you. These service providers may help Packet verify information, process transactions, deliver services, manage and enhance user data, provide customer service, assess your interest in Packet’s products and services or conduct user research and surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your personal information and may have their own privacy policies if you link to or access their websites or systems.
We do not share your personal information (information that can identify a person, such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) with anyone else, except that we may share personal information required or permitted by law:
- With your consent;
- To comply with legal orders and government requests;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of Packet or others; or
- With our vendors (who are required to safeguard personal information) that help us operate our business;
We do not share your email address or phone number with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share non-personal information (information that cannot identify a person such as cookie data) for the same reasons as we might share personal information with third-party ad servers to place our ads, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
What Are Your Choices?
You may tell us to stop sending you marketing information. We will still communicate with you in connection with servicing, fulfilling your requests made through any of our services, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate. It may take some time for us to process your request and, consistent with applicable law, could take up to 30 days.
Safe Harbor Compliance
Packet Host, Inc. (“Packet”) complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Packet has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Packet’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Packet is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices and strives to collect, use and disclose personal information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to the Packet office at the address given below. Packet will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy. For complaints that cannot be resolved between Packet and the complainant, Packet has agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the JAMS Safe Harbor Program (http://www.jamsadr.com).
How do we keep your personal information safe and secure?
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We do not transfer personal information to other countries.
Children under 13
Our application(s) and site(s) are not for children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under 13. If we knowingly receive a child’s personal information, we will delete it from our systems.
Can this Statement change?
We may change this Statement at any time. Changes are effective when we post them on this site
Questions or comments regarding this Policy should be submitted to Packet by mail as follows:
Packet Host, Inc.
30 Vesey St, Floor 9
New York, NY 10007