600 bare metal hackers can't be wrong. Join our public Slack channel for support, gossip, and more!
Customer Success Engineer
Customer Success, New York City or Remote
Customer engagement is the pulse of Packet’s business - the glue that binds our product, company, culture, and customers together. To support rapid growth, we’re looking for that next rock star to join our small but passionate team.
Our ideal hire is motivated by what we're doing as a company (hint: we’re building a better internet by automating the heck out of fundamental infrastructure!), and eager to contribute on the front lines interacting with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to advance an awesome experience for our users every step of the way.
While this is primarily through Intercom and our Community Slack channel, we also expect you’ll want to meet our customers in person at events / meetups / conferences both in the US and around the world when needed.
Help us make Packet work for everyone and be the premier place to deploy applications online!
What You’ll Do
Your primary mission will be to help customers have a great experience with Packet. While we don’t offer managed services, our customers expect us to be knowledgeable both about our platform as well as the DevOps ecosystem at large.
As a part of our engagement team, you’ll both help us engage on the front lines also help us maintain/curate documentation to educate, onboard, excite, and support our thousands of users both online and (when possible) in person.
Tools We Use
- Ruby, go, python, node, and json / yaml - everyone learns to code a bit!
- Docker, CoreOS, Rancher, BGP - again, you’ll want to know what our customers are doing.
- Slack, Intercom, github, shippable, quay.io
- Have a background in and passion for infrastructure - we’re all about bare metal after all - but you also really enjoy helping people succeed. Finding ways to make it easier and more fun for our users to utilize our platform should be fun for you.
- Your Linux and DevOps fundamentals are strong, and you’ve got a secret passion for all things networking.
- Versatility is the name of the game with this role - you’ll wear many hats and should enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- You like listening to people and helping them solve problems with interesting solutions. You love to learn about new tools and projects and figuring out how they might be used. You might even enjoying writing a block post, hacking up our documentation, or recording a screencast to go with that perfect animated gif you found.
At Packet, we're out to build a better internet by supercharging the container revolution with smart, API-driven bare metal. Our platform brings the price and performance benefits of bare metal servers and mashes it up with the consumption experience of the modern cloud. Oh, and care deeply about delivering packets (as our name suggests).
As we go about our business and look for new team members, we rely these four principles to bring us together:
- We are passionate about building a better Internet.
- We are driven ambitious people who find creative solutions.
- We are effective at getting things done the right way.
- We are excited about leading our industry.
Our goal is to make it easier for online innovators to succeed with infrastructure as they push the envelope of performance and value for their users. We do that by removing complexity wherever we can: elegant software, simple pricing, and forward-looking solutions.
- Competitive Salary - We also provide 100% of health, life, disability vision, and dental insurance for you and your family.
- Stock Options - Packet maintains an employee stock option pool, with a clear formula for acquisition of shares and vesting schedules. We discuss and award options after you’ve been with us for some time (let’s talk at 6 months).
- Flexible time off - employees receive nine paid holidays and ten personal days. Packet practices a flexible vacation policy and trusts its employees with the best interests of the Company’s goals, customers and financial objectives. As such, employees are given relative autonomy in choosing when and how to take their personal and holiday time.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
- 401k with 4% match
- Great tools - Each employee receives a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need, and add you to our cell phone plan or provide a stipend for you for it.
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Packet supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.